What’s New: WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199
WhatsApp beta has just submitted a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 188.8.131.52.
What’s new in this update? Discover all details below!
|Name of the feature?||Expiring media|
|Availability?||In a future build|
|When?||Unknown release date|
|I’ve the same version but I don’t see this news, why?||It’s not available yet, but you can see here a preview of the feature, for a future build|
|Previous tracks?||Discovered in this update|
|News about iOS?||No news yet.|
EXPIRING MEDIA INFO (WhatsApp Beta)
WhatsApp beta is working on a new feature called Expiring Media, an extension of the Expiring Messages feature. When the user decides to send an expiring media (images, videos and GIFs), the media will disappear in the recipient’s phone, once he leaves the chat.
When the feature will be enabled, the user can tap the new button to send the media with the expiration:
After tapping the button, the feature will be enabled for the selected media:
In this example we have sent an image. There isn’t a timer to set, because the image will completely disappear after viewing it. It is not replaced with a message like “This media is expired” like revoked messages, but it will really disappear from the chat.
Expiring media will appear in a different way in the conversation, so you can easily understand that the image is going to expire.
At the moment there is no track about a screenshot detection for expiring media. We are starting to monitor the feature and when there will be new details, I’m going to post a new article. Stay tuned!
WhatsApp Beta Features:
- No hidden costs: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp beta uses your Internet connection: Edge/3G/4G or Wi-Fi when available.
- Multimedia: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
- Group Chat: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts. Add or Remove group participants, change group subject and set a group icon.
- Personal: Set a profile photo which will be shown to all your contacts
- No international charges: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
- Say no to pins and usernames: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
- No need to log in/out: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is always on and always connected.
- No need to add buddies: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list.
- Offline Messages: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp beta will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
- And much more: Share location and places, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Message timestamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and media to many contacts at once, and much much more.