Press the Side button and Volume Down button simultaneously for a couple of seconds to get the power off menu
- Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button. Then, tap Power off > Power off.
- If the phone is locked up, keep pressing those buttons until the phone reboots.
- Alternatively, press the Side button once to get Bixby, and say Turn off the phone.
This article describes how to turn off your Samsung Galaxy Note 10. It explains several methods, including using the buttons and the on-screen menus.
How Do I Turn Off My Samsung Note 10?
To power down your Note 10 completely, first, ensure that you save any data you’re working on in any of your open apps if they don’t save automatically. When you’re ready, follow these steps:
- On the side of the device, press and hold the Volume Down and the Side button for a few seconds.
- Wait for the power menu to show up, then you can release the buttons.
NOTE: If you let go too soon, you’ll probably take a screenshot because a screen capture uses the same two buttons. Just try again, but this time keep pressing the buttons until the power options are revealed.
Tap Power off, and then Power off again to confirm. The device will shut off after a few moments.
How Do I Force a Shutdown on My Samsung Note 10?
In some cases, you may not be able to get the power off menu to appear. If so, you must force your Note 10 to shut down. This is extremely similar to the above steps.
- Here’s what you do: Press the Volume Down and the Side button until you see a black screen. You can then let go of the buttons and wait for the phone to restart.
TIP: If you see a mostly black recovery screen, turn off your phone and try again, making sure you’re holding the Volume Down button, not Volume Up. The Volume Up button will prompt you for a full factory reset, which will delete all apps and data from your device (which you don’t want in this case).
Other Ways to Shut Off a Galaxy Note 10
If you’d rather not use the physical buttons to shut off your Samsung phablet, there are a few other methods:
Press the Side key to activate Bixby, then say Turn off the phone.
Reprogram the Bixby button so it shows the power off menu instead.
Swipe down from the top of the screen tap the power icon and then Power off.
How do you turn off Amber Alerts on a Samsung Note 10?
On most Samsung devices, open Messages and tap More (three-dot icon) next to the search function. Tap Settings > Emergency Alert Settings, then tap Emergency Alerts and toggle off Amber Alerts.
How do I turn on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10?
To turn on your Galaxy Note 10, press and hold the Bixby (power) button on the side of the device. If prompted, unlock your phone.