Table of Contents
How to Setup your own Proxy Server for Free [Updated]
Learn how you can easily create your own online proxy server for free using Google App Engine without requiring any hosting plan or even a domain name.free proxies server
Create a Free Proxy Server with Google App Engine
- Go to appengine.google.com and sign-in using your Google Account.
- Click the “Create an Application” button. Since this is your first time, Google will send a verification code via SMS to your mobile phone number. Type the code and you’re all set to create apps with Google App Engine.free proxies server
- Pick an Application Identifier and it becomes the
- sub-domain* of your proxy server. Give your app a
- title (say Proxy Server), set the Authentication
- Option as “Open to all users”, agree to the terms
- and create the application. (screenshot)
- OK, now that we have reserved the APP ID, it’s time to create and upload the proxy server application to Google App Engine. Go to download the 2.7 Installer and install Python. If you are on Mac, Python 2.7 is already installed on your computer.free proxies server
- Download this zip file and extract it to your
- desktop. The zip file contains a couple of HTML,
- YAML and Python (.py) files that you can view inside WordPad.
- Go to code.google.com, download the Google App
- Engine SDK for Python and follow the wizard to
- install the SDK on your computer. When the
- installation wizard has finished, click the “Run
- Launcher” button to open the App Engine Program.
- Choose Edit -> Preferences inside the Google App
- Engine Launcher program from the desktop and
- set the correct values (see screenshot) for the Python Path, App Engine SDK and the Text Editor
- (set this is as WordPad or write.exe and not notepad.exe).free proxies server
- Click File – > Add Existing Application under the
- Google App Launcher program and browse to the
- folder that contain the index.yaml and other files
- that you extracted in Step 5. Once the project is
- added to App Engine, select the project and click
- Edit to replace “YOUR_APP_ID” with your App ID Save and close the file.
- Click Deploy, enter you Google account credentials and, within a minute or two, your online proxy
- server will be deployed and become ready for use
- (screenshot). The public URL (or web address) of your new proxy server will be
- your_app_id.appspot.com (replace your_app_id
- with your App Engine Identifier). free proxies server
[*] The sub-domain or the App ID will uniquely
Application Identifier though you are free to choose any other unique name.
Next Steps – Setting up a Free Proxy with Google
- This proxy works with Flash videos (like
free proxies server
YouTube and ABC News) though not with Hulu.
- As some of you have suggested, web domains with
- the word “proxy” or “proxies” are banned at
- workplaces so you may avoid using them in your
- appspot.com proxy address. www.applygist.com
- Though there exist proxy servers for accessing
- secure (https) sites, this is a basic proxy server
- that won’t work with sites that require logins (like Gmail). free proxies server