Hitting nearly 10k visits past 30 days. I did zero promotion or link building. I only published content on my blog.
Here’s what I did for 50 of my posts:
1. Use Google autocsuggest to find questions people are asking in your niche. Example: How to [niche activity], Why does [niche topic], Can you [niche activity]…
2. When you have the Keywords Everywhere chrome extension installed, you’ll be able to see an estimate of how many times the question is being searched for per month
3. Find questions with the highest search volume with low competition. Low competition questions are questions that have user generated content on the front page of the search results (yahoo answers, forums, quora, etc…)
4. Once you have find a question, use the “people also ask” and “related searches” section in the search results to find very similar questions people are asking.
5. Once you have a list of questions, you can research answers. The trick here is to do unique research. Don’t simply copy other blogs. Go on forums and facebook groups to find real peopel’s experiences on your topic. These people are considered everyday experts. Take notes on every single little detail. Having all these little details make for killer articles that most people miss.
6. Now, start writing! Make sure your title and slug contain your main question. It’s okay to use a modifier. Example “how to unclog a drain” = “how to unclog a drain the right way”. Subquestions then become your subheadings. Have your second paragraph directly answer the question like an encyclopedia entry. It should be 240-320 characters long. This will help you get the google snippet. Find related images on unsplash or deposit photos and make sure the alt tag is relevant.
7. And publish! Don’t forget to submit to GSC.
You now have an SEO optimized page that targes a nice keyword with little competition. With time, you’ll be climbing the ranks and there’s a very good chance you’ll be on page 1.