What is the risk that comes when malware get hold of an android OS?This question is well asked by some people who in one way or the other are having issues with their android phone. When a malware gets hold of an android phone you will notice that your data will not last as it should, imaging using up 3GB withing 10 days when all you do with the data is just to facebook, WhatsApp, tweet and check football live score. You will also notice that your battery will be quickly drained and in most cases, it weakens the strienght of the battery cell.
To prevent or protect your phone from it is easy, meanwhile am not only revealing to you how to prevent it am also going to show you how to get rid of it if you already have it in your phone.
How to protect or prevent your phone from malware
There are some ways you can prevent malware from getting hold of your android phone below are list of them.
The use of Anti-Malware apps
It is better to be safe than to be sorry, you can use antivirus app to prevent malware from getting hold of your phone. Antivirus detects any suspicious activity or threat on your phone but most times some antivirus can drain up your battery because of that I already made a list of best paid and free antivirus here.
Other ways to prevent malware
- Always turn off the option to allow the installation of apps from outside the Play Store. You will find this in your phone’s Security settings, where you must disallow Unknown sources.
- Always check app permissions before you download an app. If the permissions are beyond the scope of the app’s stated functionality, look for an alternative.
- Always install updates as soon as they become available, as they often improve security and protect against newly found exploits than endanger your data.
- Be sure to use a VPN to protect your data when using public Wi-Fi, be sure to use a VPN to protect your data.
How you can detect malware, adware, and viruses on your phone
Most times you do notice your phone act strange or see your battery drain fast, the problem should be that your phone may have gotten virus or malware then if you start seeing constant advertisements pop up, then it could be adware. Though antivirus can help tackle this issue but there are other ways of handling or identifying the cause of you troubles too.
Whenever disruptive banner ads are popping up over your apps, it’s easy to find out which adware app is responsible. Since Android 6.0 Marshmallow, it has been possible for users to control exactly which apps are able to “draw over” others or alter the way they appear.
- To fix it, just go to you settings then in the Settings, just look under Apps for Draw over other apps, and there you’ll find a list of apps that have that permission.
- Next, take the permission away from the suspicious app here, or even delete the app.
How you can remove malware from your phone
If you are suspecting an app, you can use antivirus to remove it because antivirus apps are good in that, they can detect and remove threats and can even prevent them from getting hold of your phone.
But if you wish to do it yourself, follow the procedure bellow
Then you can uninstall it here. If you can’t uninstall it, it is possible that the app has administrator rights, which have to be taken away first.
Some malware apps will ask for device administrator rights during installation, making them particularly tricky to uninstall. In the case of an anti-theft or anti-malware app, which actually turns out to be malware, in the end, the authorization appears to be justified when you install it – so it’s easy to see how this can happen. Taking away the rights is easy though.
- Go to Settings > Security and look for Device administrators. Here, you’ll see Android Device Manager on the list, but this is fine.
- You can take away permissions from the malware app in this menu, and then it will be possible to uninstall it.
After doing the above, restart your phone and check to see if it is behaving normally again. If the problem persists, try an antivirus app. You might even want to try more than one anti-virus app, as they’re not all equipped to handle the same threats. That will help you be surer that the threat is completely gone.