Table of Contents
- 1 HTC U11 Specs and Price
- 1.1 HTC U11 Specs (Key)
- 1.2 SAMSUNG GALAXY S9 ARRIVES TODAY: 5 THINGS TO KNOW
- 1.3 Pricing and Availability
HTC U11 Specs and Price
After the HTC 10 series, the Asian OEM continued to launch its major flagship smartphones under the U family. Announced in May 2017, the HTC U11 became the first in the U family of devices, and there is more to come. The phone is also available in dual-SIM variants for some markets around the world.
HTC U11 Specs (Key)
- Display: 5.5 inches (71.4% screen-to-body ratio, 1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio, 534 ppi density)
- Software: Android 7.1 (upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory: 128GB ROM/ 6GB RAM, 64GB ROM/4GB RAM
- Camera: Front – 12MP | Rear – 16MP
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-ion
Design and Display
Like most phones these days, the HTC U11 comes with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The choice for a 5.5 inch of screen is not quite lost on us since that is the range smartphone makers are considering for the year.
The screen also holds its own with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixel for sharp and high-quality images. Made from the Super LCD5 capacitive touchscreen, the screen is protected by the 5th generation Corning Gorilla Glass technology, as well as the in-house HTC Sense UI.
Promised with all the showings of a true flagship, it is not surprising that the front and back of the HTC U11 was made of glass. It is, however, disappointing that they would leave that much bezels on the phone. This decision is a little understandable when the location of the fingerprint sensor (on the front, by the way) is considered.
Memory and Performance
There are two memory options/ configurations that the user can go for. Under the hood can either be a combination of 6GB RAM and a massive 128GB ROM, or a 4GB RAM paired with 64GB internal storage space. The choice of the user would be dependent on factors such ad their pocket and, of course, expectations of the phone.
Unfortunately, the phone does not come with a dedicated card slot. Only those who go for the dual-SIM variant will have the option of using the second SIM slot as a card slot.
No matter the variant chosen though, one would still get a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset under the hood. Although there have been complaints of possible overheating with this chipset, that does nothing to take away the fact that it is one of the strongest chips on the market.
Carrying a total of eight cores, graphics rendering is taken care of by the Adreno 540 GPU. For no reason should this device lag, no matter the kind of use it is under.
HTC U11 takes a shift towards the youth market, glorifying the front camera over the one on the rear. The front camera is no less fun too, coming in at 12MP with support for autofocus and a dedicated dual LED flash. The deal is sweetened with the addition of HDR and panorama modes.
The front is home to the massive 16MP camera which is capable of recording videos of up to 1080p
Battery, Connectivity and Software
The HTC U11 is run on a non-removable Li-ion battery that is rated at 3000mh. The battery is billed to last up to a talk time of 24 hours and 30 minutes which is a fairly impressive figure. The phone supports all the major bands for 4G and lesser connectivity options.
Shipping with the Bluetooth 4.2 out of the box, it is sad that there is no support for Radio on board. That could be fixed with some third-party applications though.
NFC and GPS communications options are included in the spec sheet. To round it off, the HTC U11 runs Android Nougat 7.11 out off the box. The OEM as also made a patch available which upgrades the phone to the latest Android software – the Oreo 8.
READ ALSO —
Pricing and Availability
The phone has not been offered officially to the Nigerian markets, but it has already been seen on the shelves of some vendors online and offline. Depending on the variant to be purchased, and factors such as location, the phone could retail for anywhere between #215,000 – #240,000.
- Announced: May 2017
- Available: Yes
- SIM: Single SIM/ Dual hybrid SIM
- Platform: Android Operating System (Nougat 7.1)
- Price Range: $875
- Fingerprint: Yes (front mounted)
- Technology: GSM/ HSPA/ LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 800/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 – dual SIM only
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE Band (2100), 3 (1800), 4 (1700/ 2100), 5 (850), 7 (2600), 8 (900), 12 (700), 17 (700), 20 (800), 28 (700), 32 (1500), 38 (2600), 39 (1900), 40 (2300), 41 (2500)
- Network Speed: HSPA 42.2/ 5.76Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/75 Mbps
BODY AND DISPLAY
- Type: Super LCD5 capacitive touchscreens
- Size: 5.5 inches
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HTC Sense UI
- Features: N/A
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- Colours: Amazing Silver, Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black, Ice White, Solar Red
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- Processor Speed: 2.45 GHz
- CPU: Octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 540
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE (5.0 after SW update)
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- RAM: 6GB, 4GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Rear Camera: 12 MP
- Rear Flash: Yes, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP
- Front Flash: No
- Features: N/A
- Capacity: 3000 mAh battery
- Type: Non-removable Li-Ion
- Features: N/A
- Fast Charging: N/A
- Standby Time: Up to 336 h (3G)
- Talk Time: Up to 24 h 30 min (3G)
- Music Playback: –
- Fingerprint (front-mounted)
- – Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
– Google Drive (100 GB cloud storage)
– XviD/MP4/H.264/WMV player
– MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
– Document editor
– Photo/video editoreditor
What else are you looking for? read on applygist.com